July 19, 2012
July 10, 2012
The last month has been an exciting and busy time for the mysms team. We launched our mysms Messenger for iPhone, we packed our things and moved into a new stylish office at our headquarters in Graz, Austria and we started a satellite office in the heart of Silicon Valley, precisely in Sunnyvale, CA.
Favorite place in the office - Martin and me on the sunny terrace
This is the first of two blog posts where we want to share with you some insights and pictures of our two new offices.
Plug and Play Tech Center is a global accelerator located in Sunnyvale, CA.
Why Sunnyvale? Not (only) because it’s sunny!
Being part of the initiative “Go Silicon Valley” of the Austrian Economic Chamber, we were one of 14 lucky startups that got selected for the program. We are now sharing the space in our Pavilion with five other Austrian companies that currently work here.
mysms is one of six companies currently working at the Austrian Pavilion.
It’s only been two weeks now since we have opened the doors to office at Plug and Play Tech Center in Sunnyvale. But I can already say we love the sunny weather, the open-minded people and the energy and innovative spirit that’s in the air.
What has happened so far?
We successfully fought the jet lag, met tons of other entrepreneurs, and went to exiting events like MobileBeat. But our story here has just begun, we’ll keep you updated.
Some of the over 30 international companies that are located at PnP
Hope you enjoyed the journey and be prepared for our next blog post on our brand-new super-stylish office in Graz.
May 3, 2012
Samsung vs Apple, Apple vs HTC, all this rivalry and hassle is not how we roll. Au contraire, we want reconciliation and harmony between Android and Apple users. Today we make a first contribution to an amicable living together. We are releasing our mysms Messenger for iOS devices. Until now mysms’ core features have been available to Android users only. Now we bring many new features to the iPhone and revolutionize the relationship between Android and Apple fans.
Android + Apple = mysms friends
- With the new mysms Messenger iPhone users can now use the mysms web app, Chrome app, Facebook app and desktop apps for Windows and Mac. Instead of annoying (mis)typing on the iPhone, messages can then be entered conveniently via the keyboard on the computer. Furthermore, our mysms Cloud is new for iOS users. Messages are synchronized seamlessly between smartphone, tablet and computer. Additionally, the inbox is synced and you get notified on all your devices when you receive a new message.
- Also our popular service mysms friends is available for iPhone users now. Whether your recipient uses iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Facebook or Chrome – every text message is free of charge! Pretty cool, right? This means: texting for free to ALL mysms users until fingers are bleeding!
We are perfectly aware of the technical boundaries Apple sets upon us. Unfortunately not all SMS features we offer for Android are feasible for iOS. With the mysms Messenger we stick to our principles and enable our iPhone users to use the mysms Cloud and remote messaging. The mysms Messenger is now available for download in the iTunes App Store.
In the next few weeks we’ll add more features such as sending pictures and files. Also, we’re working on an optimized version for iPad. Stay tuned for future developments!
April 18, 2012
Maybe you’ve already heard the rumours about us developing a new mysms app for iPhone. Well, now the beta version of our mysms Messenger for iOS is here. And it rocks!
Together with the German tech blog BestBoyZ we’re organizing a closed beta-test for you. Have a look at the features of mysms Messenger and sign up for a beta version at BestBoyZ latest blogpost. But watch out: only the first 50 will get access to our closed beta-test! So, hurry up 🙂
mysms Messenger for iOS (beta)
Lately we’ve got several requests from our users claiming that some of their contacts are not synchronized to the mysms web app. You might have already recognized this problem. In some cases numbers are shown instead of contact names in your mysms web app. Or you might not be able to find your contact when you’re sending a new message from the web.
The source of this issue lies outside of mysms, in your contact app on your Android. In order to guard against confusion we’d like to give you a step by step solution on how to get all your contacts to all your mysms apps.
It’s important to know that we only sync those contacts to your mysms Facebook, tablet, desktop and web app that are visible in the contact list of your mysms Android app.
- So first of all, please check if a certain contact (you think is missing in the web app) is in your mysms contact list.
- You can do this by clicking on the “New Text” icon in your mysms Android app,
- and entering your contact’s name. If you can’t find it, it is not in your contact list.
check your contacts on mysms
If this is the case, your contact is probably not visible in your contact app either. Please do the following:
- Open the contact app on your Android
- Go to “Settings”, “Contacts to display” and activate the contacts that you would like to display (e.g. Google, phone and sim).
- After activating the missing contacts, they will be visible in your mysms Android app.
- Perform a manual sync and your contacts will be synchronized to your mysms Facebook, tablet, desktop and web app.
choose contacts to display
We hope this guide helps you solve your contact sync issue. If there’s anything else that bugs you or you’ve got a question or idea for us, please let us know on our mysms GetSatisfaction Feedback Page. We appreciate your feedback a lot and are happy to integrate your ideas into future product developments!